Nudorra Capital is promoting the use of ATE Insurance products through a strategic relationship we have with an Insurance Broker. The overwhelming advantages of costs, security, and protection, for both lawyer and plaintiff, speak for themselves.
The most important attribute is that insurance companies are licensed and regulated, their capital is protected, and they have decades of global experience. The insurance product gives you Delegated Authority and courts in Ontario are finding After-The-Event (“ATE”) insurance is a strong weapon against Security for Costs.
Insurance has these additional benefits:
- Covers both Disbursements and Adverse costs.
- Gives Delegated Authority to the lawyer, giving you surety when speaking to clients.
- If the plaintiff loses the case, Insurance always covers the premium.
- For unsuccessful claims, Insurance allows the plaintiff to keep the awarded damages and pays out adverse costs or disbursements on top.
- The Insurance protection can be tailored to meet your firm’s requirements, but typically starts at $100,000 of cover. No upfront cost.
- No insurance premium is due if the case is discontinued or abandoned.
- The company providing protection does not manage, control, or direct the litigation in any way.
- Arbitration costs are covered.
- Interim cost orders are covered.
As a service to our clients, we have included a list of “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)” in hopes of better explaining ATE Insurance, their products and benefits.
The following questions apply to the usual conditions that you would find in an “After the Event” policy. However, cases can be subject to individual conditions if insurers deem these to be appropriate.
Nudorra Capital is a litigation loan company that works with law firms and provides loans to plaintiffs in need of financial assistance until their case settles. We are not an insurance company or licensed insurance brokers. As a service to our customers and through a strategic relationship we have with an insurance broker, we will introduce lawyers and/or law firms to a fully licensed and regulated insurance broker that specializes in ATE Insurance products and you or your firm will be able to purchase these products and/or services directly from them.
Nudorra Capital is honoured to have been chosen Winner in the Litigation Funding Provider category of the Readers’ Choice Awards for Canadian Lawyer Magazine, 2016/2017, 2017/2018, 2018/2019, 2019/2020 and now 2020/2021. We thank all the lawyers and law firms across Canada that have voted for us.
We have also received an (A+) Accreditation from the “Better Business Bureau” (BBB) and are Proud Supporters of the OTLA Policy on Conduct of Litigation Loan Companies.